“Leaders are accountable, teachable and selfless servants that reliably model integrity and strategic vision as a way of life” –Al Laws
I have had the privilege of leading our organization in serving thousands of youth and adults in the Baltimore and Washington DC metropolitan areas. WIN, with our over 100 professional and para-professional staff, provides an array of family-centered services that include:
- Mental and behavioral health services
- Community wrap-around and clinical foster care for Juvenile Justice clients
- Substance abuse treatment for youth and adults
- Mentoring, vocational and life skills support
- Psychiatric Rehabilitation Services
I also host an iHeart radio and YouTube program, Advice 4 Life, focused on giving individuals, families and married couples the relationship skills necessary to be successful with living and staying together in healthy and fulfilling ways. I have been recognized in the community for numerous accomplishments related to healing individuals and families, appeared as a guest speaker and received various awards from government agencies, universities, churches and community organizations. And while these services speak to my commitment to lead WIN in the healing and growth of our community, the most important thing I have accomplished is modeling an authentic and committed relationship with my wife of more than 25 years (Aisha Laws), my two daughters (Trinity and Divinity), and my niece and nephew, who we are raising.
WIN is experiencing an exciting new era in its growth and development. We are poised and strategically positioned to develop a half dozen new programs in the next two years and increase our gross revenue by 500% percent over the next 5 years. These opportunities are a direct result of our strategic focus on:
- Development of effective and contagious leadership
- Instituting a corporate culture dedicated to one another, our mission, and excellent customer service
- Solidifying our brand as a premier organization with a unique expertise of engaging client’s loyalty and investment in their own healthcare outcomes
- Implementation of an Electric Health Record (EHR) system and outcome reporting system which will enable predictive and qualitative analytics to drive greater proficiency, quality improvements and cost efficiencies.
Our commitment to core values of Godliness, Relationship, Accountability, Customer Services and Excellence (GRACE) which is infused within our corporate culture, our strength-based Family Strengthening philosophy, and authentic staff and client engagement expertise continues to propel WIN to new heights in the Health Care profession.